[cvsnt] Some doubts configuring my CVSNT server

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Aug 10 11:40:25 BST 2009

Daniel,

> I'm configuring a CVS server and I'm having a little problems
> about remote
> connections, I will describe the whole process implemented by
> me then you
> can tell me in which step I fail:

The less you try and change the better - it'll work if you just install
and go.  Best to delete the repository you have set up and start a new
one.  You could also uninstall and delete the registry key
HKLM\Software\Cvs just to be sure.

> 1.- Download and install "cvsnt-server-2.5.04.3510.msi"
> 2.- Create a folder: "C:\CVSrepositories"
> 3.- Open CVSNT Control Panel stop services.
> 4.- Add repositories.
> 5.- Set the domain from (default) to "MyDomain"

Do not do this - leave it at (default)

> 6.- Start services in the about tab.
> 7.- Run command prompt, and "set
> cvsroot=:sspi:MyDomain:/CVSrepositories"
> 8.- In Command Prompt cvs login

Do not login to sspi - you are already logged in (it uses your windows
authentication token)

> 9.- There is no error (Until here everything is fine on local
> machine), then
> cvs logout.
> 10.- cvs passwd -a User1 (First, of course, I create an user in domain
> MyDomain)

Do not run passwd - if you created the user on the domain there is
nothing else to do.

> 11.- Again set cvsroot=:pserver:User1 at MyDomain:/CVSRepositories
> 12.- cvs login

Do not login

> 13.- Everything cool, cvs logout.
> 14.- Let's reset cvsroot once again, set
> cvsroot=:pserver:User1 at IP-ADDRESS
> :/CVSRepositories
> 15.- cvs login
> 16.- Error, I changed the cvsroot to "set
> cvsroot=:pserver:MyDomain\User1 at IP-ADDRESS:/CVSRepositories"
> and does not

Try removing the domain.

Why do you need to use pserver?  You can use sspi over the internet (but
then you will have to 'cvs login').

> Please help, I'm getting crazy, I hope this steps are enough
> clear in order
> to understand my problem and help me, anyway do not hesitate
> in ask me for
> any clarification.

Read the FAQ- if you need this urgently, purchase CVS Suite:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

Regards,

Arthur