[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 server really slow

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Feb 2 17:05:59 GMT 2009

Peter Crowther wrote:
  error.  Given that the default for many firewalls is now to drop
> packets rather than return any ICMP status, I can entirely see why a
> naïve configuration could cause this problem.

 From the LAN?  I can see why a firewall would drop packets on the WAN
(I've never agreed with the reasons, but it's arguable) but one that
would do it on the LAN seems to be somewhat broken IMO.  The authors
have probably been reading too much Gibson :p

I wonder if we should devise something in cvsdiag that could analyse the
health of the network - timing DNS/RDNS lookups, checking the
reachability of the default route, external connectivity etc.