[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 server really slow

Andy Southby asouthby at drumgrange.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 07:06:35 GMT 2009

Yehuda,

Sorry for delay have a huge workload (who doesn't! :) ).

I went to DNS' properties dialog (Win2003) selected the 'Advanced' tab
and in the 'Server Options:' window checked the 'Disable recursion (also
disables forwarders)' checkbox, pressed 'Apply' followed by 'Ok'.

To check it is working:

Open the 'Command Prompt' application and type:

nslookup
www.google.co.uk

This should fail immediately. You could try this before you perform the
modification to see the difference. (It should take 5 seconds (the
default I believe) but will depend on the DNS configuration.)

Hope this helps.

Andy.