[cvsnt] cvs update: move away

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 7 07:15:22 GMT 2009

En Tue, 03 Feb 2009 06:56:55 -0200, Sanjeev, Neeraja (GE Infra, Energy)
<neeraja.sanjeev at ge.com> escribió:

> I am working on CVSNT 2.5.03.
>
> After doing subsequent get on a particular file/folder, sometimes CVS
> throws an error " move away .. it is in the way.
>
> Whenever I get this error, if I delete the contents of the folder and do
> Get Latest it works.
>
> I want to know when does CVS throws this error so that I can handle it
> in my application since deleting  the contents of the folder & doing a
> get latest
> cannot be the solution for my problem.

The error happens when CVSNT wants to create a file (e.g. due to an update
command) but it can't do that because a file with the same name already
exists (and wasn't created by CVSNT itself).
Do you copy files from one place to another? Or perhaps those files are
built from another ones, and at the same time, they're in the repository?
I'm unsure of the details, but I think a combination of rename + branch
(where the file exists on one branch but not on the other) might provoke
this error too.

--
Gabriel Genellina