[cvsnt] val-tags Permission denied

Paul Bergin Paul.Bergin at VHI.IE
Tue Feb 24 16:20:22 GMT 2009

Hi
I am after installing cvsnt server 2.5.03 (scorpio) Build 2382 and I am
having problems with branching.
I have created a repository with 3 users, 2 admin and 1 normal user.
Using wincvs (2.0.2.4) I created a new module from the command prompt
with the following command

cvs import -m "Source" MasterRepository abc de

This creates the module and imports all files. I can user wincvs to
checkout the module and it works as expected. I then try create a branch
in wincvs, it generates this command.

cvs -d :pserver;username=bergin_p;hostname=computer01:/CVSRepository
rtag -b -- PRE_PRODUCTION MasterRepository

The console writes out

"cvs rtag: Tagging ........"

For each folder, but the last line writes out

cvs [rtag aborted]: cannot write D:/CVSRepository/CVSROOT/val-tags:
Permission denied

The val-tags file has full read\write access to all users so there
should not be a problem writing to this file.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Regards