[cvsnt] Bug id format?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jan 10 20:33:04 GMT 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 23:44:27 -0200, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> I originally constructed the parsing for issue numbers for the Roundup
>> issue tracker, but tried to make it as general as possible to enable
>> other systems as well. I have never before heard about JIRA (have not
>> looked either), but if that is popular I could add some instructions
>> for that to the CVSMailer website as well...
>
>Somewhat related to this... is it possible at all to place the bug id
>(if present) into the subject line of the notification emails?

If you tell me how it can be extracted from the data supplied in the
CVSNT invocation of CVSMailer....

Notice that this is similar also to the requests I have had to put
branch tags in teh subject etc. THe problem is that every single file
being committed can have a different tag and I guess a different
bugid. So which one should be put in the subject?

However there is a case for putting bugid:s on the individual file
name line in the *body* of the email. Problem is I have never used the
bugid so I don't know how to extract it or how to handle it generally.
Code changes will for sure be needed in CVSMailer to do this...

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)