[cvsnt] Betr.: RE: Betr.: RE: force commit (despite not being a valid editor

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Thu Jan 22 09:00:25 GMT 2009

 "Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> schreef op 21/01/2009
13:01:21:

> Jan,
>
> > I guess I'll have to first do
> > the -k-x trick because we're not using the exclusive locking
> > on purpose, it must have been set by accident.
>
> If you are not using kx 'on purpose' then just turn it off on the files
> that have been inadvertently set that way.

I've done so already but wanted to avoid the issue in the future (but you
just told me how even before I asked ;-)).

> Note: best practice is to set 'ignore client side keywords' in the CVSNT
> Server control panel so that files always get the default settings from
> cvswrappers and users or 'tools' cannot set random options.

Thanks, I guess that's what I need to avoid the problem.

> > Are the -k-x and other related options documented somewhere?
>
> The manual:
> http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Substitution-modes.html

I must be turning blind, I had actually looked at that page and not notice
everything I was looking for was there. Thanks for pointing me to it.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."