[cvsnt] Setting User Name

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 2 21:34:25 BST 2009

Michael,

> Under digital signatures, info.dll shows the following record:
> Name of signer: March Hare Software Ltd
.
.
.
> When I go to details, I can see a Countersignature
> Name: VeriSign Time Stamping Servics Signer - G2

That all looks correct...

> Under Advanced I can see that the version is V2.

I don't know what that's about - I don't see any 'advanced' tab on the
properties dialog.  There is an advanced button but it doesn't give any
version numbers in there.  Maybe you have some explorer shell extension
installed?

If the server is unable to contact verisign to confirm the validity of
the countersignature then it results in the CVSNT server running really
slowly (as has been reported here many times), but not the server
identifying that the DLL is unsigned.

If you are running any anti-virus, try turning it off and retrying the
operation - if it works then please advise which anti-virus you are
using.

If you are using some shell extensions please advise what they are (ie:
what is providing the 'advanced' tab on the properties dialog in windows
explorer).

Finally please run 'cvsdiag' on the server and send just the end part,
eg:
AV files detected:
(none)

Installed Winsock protocols:

1003: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1004: MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1001: RSVP UDP Service Provider
1002: RSVP TCP Service Provider
1012: MSAFD AppleTalk [ADSP]
1013: MSAFD AppleTalk [ADSP] [Pseudo Stream]
1014: MSAFD AppleTalk [PAP]
1015: MSAFD AppleTalk [RTMP]
1016: MSAFD AppleTalk [ZIP]
1098: VMCI sockets DGRAM