[cvsnt] Setting User Name

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jun 3 06:10:58 BST 2009

Michael,

OK - just to humour me: go to the add/remove programs control panel and uninstall:
* all versions of cvs
* all versions of cvsnt
* all versions of wincvs
* all versions of tortoisecvs
* all versions of winmerge

Go to 'program files' (or wherever you normally install software) and delete all the directories for the software you've uninstalled.

Run regedit and delete the keys:
 HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cvs
 HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cvsgui
 HKLM\SOFTWARE\March Hare Software Ltd
 HKLM\SOFTWARE\TortoiseCVS
 HKLM\SOFTWARE\SmartLoader

Then install the 2.5.04 server and 'fat' client and try again.

The error is clearly saying that something is wrong with the DLL's, so hopefully this will reset your system to start reading them properly...

Regards,

Arthur Barrett