[cvsnt] Change commit message

pdfeeny at aep.com pdfeeny at aep.com
Wed Jun 10 13:12:57 BST 2009

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 06/10/2009 07:34:12 AM:

> Hello,
>
> I need to perform a relatively simple task:
> Whenever a user commits with a certain "message", the commit message
> should be changed to:
> "[Real name] message"
>
> The user's real name can be found in the passwd file or by executing the
> finger command.
> However, I don't know how to hook the commit action and actually modify
> the message - I can only get a read-only access to the field.
>
> Any ideas ?

You could write a script that runs on commit.  It should be fairly simple
to grab the commit message and prepend the user's id.  Use your favorite
scripting language and reference it in verifymsg like this:

DEFAULT /path/to/cvsnt/scripts/scriptname

or the Windows equivalent.  Search google for verifymsg script for
information and ideas.  But if all you want is to see occasionally who
committed what when, I would use the cvs history command.