[cvsnt] linefeed expected: got 13

Rick Genter rgenter at silverlink.com
Tue Jun 23 21:58:27 BST 2009

Assuming that neither copying the tar, nor "extract the tar" performed any kind of newline conversion on the files (some Windows-based archive managers will do that), this should be fine.

> 4) Try to access the repository on the windows cvs server. Its fine.
> 5) Even if I check out the module. Its fine.
> 6) but the problem arises when I check out based on a tag. I get the
> following error
>
>    cvs [server aborted]: linefeed expected in
> E:/gsscvs/gss_final/ONSITEDEV/gmac-gdp.js_dealer,v (got 13)

This implies that your repository is corrupted. Without more information I assume that the Windows-based archive manager that you used to "extract the tar" performed newline conversion, which has corrupted your repository. Go back to the original tar and re-extract it, making sure that no newline conversion is performed.

> 7) So did a dos2unix on all the files on the windows server and then
> tried to check out based on a tag.

This corrupted your repository on the Windows server and it is now worthless.

--
Rick Genter
Principal Software Engineer
rgenter at silverlink.com
www.silverlink.com
Office (781) 583-7145
Mobile (408) 398-7006

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may only be used by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately