[cvsnt] Using extnt.exe for enabling SSPI with the "required encryption" option

C B carbus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:27:33 GMT 2009

Hello,
I want to use extnt.exe to enable Eclipse 3.4 to work with SSPI.
I followed some steps that I found in the mailing list and they actually
work
EXCEPT when the CVSNT server has the option "Required Encryption" activated.

I am following these steps in the command prompt to verify that the EXT to
SSPI mapping is working:

1. Verify that connecting directly with SSPI works:
cvs -d :sspi:my-server:/path/to/repo version

2. Define the system property CVS_RSH to the path of extnt.exe

3. Add the following lines to the extnt.ini file:
[my-server]
protocol=sspi
hostname=my-server
directory=/path/to/repo

4. Execute:
cvs -d :ext:my-server:/path/to/repo version

The last step works if the Encryption method of the CVSNT server is
different from "Required Encryption",
otherwise it throws the following error to the console:

cvs [version aborted]: cvs [server aborted]: This server requires an
encrypted connection

The same behavior happens when checking out or updating.
How can we use extnt.exe with SSPI if the option "Required Encryption" is
activated?

Carlos