[cvsnt] Isuses with CVSNT 2.5.0.4

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Mar 12 06:05:13 GMT 2009

Sujeeth,

> 1. I did not find any control panel application in 2.5.0.4,
> what i found was
> a application cvscontrol.exe

Where did you download it from?

That file is not a part of CVSNT 2.5.04.

Did you perhaps download the ZIP file not the MSI?  If you got it
elsewhere please let us know where immediately.

The ZIP file is for extremely experienced software integrators (like the
people who write TortoiseCVS and WinCVS) and not for you.

Delete the files and install 2.5.04 using the installer from
march-hare.com/cvspro (redirected form cvsnt.org).  The installer will
install the control panel.

> 2. I also had the sqlite database collecting the audit
> information. Now when
> I try the following steps this fails
>
> 1. In my client, I use tortoise CVS to update my sand box.
>
> "Audit Trigger failed. The Database Version must be at 3 but
> it is at 1".
>
> I did not make any sense of this error. I am using sqlite
> database 3.59

The audit database needs to be upgraded:
1. back up the database
2. Go to the CVSNT Server control panel plugins Audit Plugin and hit the
upgrade button
3. test that the upgrade worked (if not rollback form the upgrade)

Regards,

Arthur