[cvsnt] Problem with rlog choking on filename keyword

Fernando Madruga fernando-madruga at criticalsoftware.com
Tue May 26 09:29:00 BST 2009

>> Some cvsnt files have a filename keyword where the contents
>> are not enclosed in @ characters, for instance:
> Yes this is correct.  CVSNT is NoT CVS, it has many additional keywords.
> CVSNT includes it's own version of the rcs programs like rlog, or you
> can use 'cvs rlog' instead of 'rlog'.

The only rlog I could find was throwing those errors, and I noticed that
adding the @ chars to the string in the filename would make it work.
I'll have to schedule an upgrade test but doing that on a production system
is not easy.

Is rlog from version 2.5.04 "compatible" with a running 2.5.03 system?
That is, suppose that I install 2.5.04 for a single user (haven't checked
if it's possible!); could I then use that rlog?

Alternatively, supposing that somehow whoever installed cvsnt on this system
failed to use the corresponding rlog, can I install cvsnt 2.5.03 on the same
system for a single user and then just copy that rlog? (I'm kind of new to
Linux sys admin tasks!)

>> I'm using CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 on a Linux
>> (CentOS) machine.

> This is very old - 2.5.04 has been around for a while and 2.5.05
> is in test.

This is an old system that I inherited, and you know how it goes:
if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)

In this case, my main concern is with a 3rd party product (webcvs)
which is more of a commodity than a necessity.

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,
  Fernando Madruga