[cvsnt] CVSNT and Eclipse

pdfeeny at aep.com pdfeeny at aep.com
Wed May 27 19:17:52 BST 2009

Hi All,

I've checked the CVSNT newsgroup and FAQ and the Eclipse FAQ and newsgroup
for the answer to the following questions with no success.

Here's my scenario:  Our environment is CVSNT Server (2.5.03.2382) on a RH
Linux server with WinXP clients.  Most clients connect using TortoiseCVS
and WinCVS.  I have a number of developers that want to use Eclipse to
connect to the repository.  After configuring my Eclipse installation and
CVSNT client, I have tested checking out from CVSNT using Eclipse with a
modicum of success.  I can check out a module only if I specify the
module's path relative to the repository location (i.e., mod-dir/module
relative to /usr/local/cvs/cvs-repo).  When browsing the CVSNT modules
from Eclipse, I get the following error:

     Resource CVSROOT/ is not a child of folder

In my /etc/PServer file on the server, Compat0_OldVersion=1 and
Compat0_OldCheckout=1.  Compat0_HideStatus is commented out.  The way I
understand this, I need to set Compat0_OldVersion=0, Compat0_OldCheckout=0
and possibly  Compat0_HideStatus=0 in order to allow fully compatible
access to my Eclipse users to access the repository.
What will changing the value of these parameters do to my Tortoise and
WinCVS users?  What functionality will I lose/gain by changing these
variables?  Would it be better to set up a separate repository for these
users instead of integrating their modules into the current repository?

Paul D. Feeny, MCP, MCSA
IT System Administrator II - SCM
IT Production Management
Phone: 614.716.2249