[cvsnt] CVSNT and Eclipse

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed May 27 21:07:03 BST 2009

Paul,

> Here's my scenario:  Our environment is CVSNT Server
> (2.5.03.2382) on a RH

This version is quite old, please upgrade to 2.5.04.

Also based on past newsgroup activity I think AEP have been using CVSNT
for some time - please alert your management to the benefits that using
CVSNT has brought you and advise them to support the project by
purchasing CVS Suite (CVSNT) for $124 per user - annual support and
software maintenance is also available.

> from Eclipse, I get the following error:
>
>      Resource CVSROOT/ is not a child of folder

In CVSNT only admin users can 'see' CVSROOT, there is no reason for any
non-Administrator to ever use CVSROOT and certainly no need to ever use
Eclipse to access it.

> and possibly  Compat0_HideStatus=0 in order to allow fully compatible
> access to my Eclipse users to access the repository.
> What will changing the value of these parameters do to my
> Tortoise and WinCVS users?

Please read the comments in the PServer.example file carefully,
including:

 # Compatibility levels - currently:
 # 0 = Legacy cvs (cvshome.org cvs, eclipse)
 # 1 = cvsnt (cvsnt client, wincvs, tortoisecvs, etc.)

Based on the provided documentation I think it is clear what effect
compat0 has on wincvs, tortoisecvs.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett