[cvsnt] Setting User Name

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu May 28 22:22:16 BST 2009

Michael,

> I upgraded to CVSNT 2.5.04 and now I can't checkout anything on any
> computers other than Ultraviolet (where the repository is stored).

Something was seriously  wrong with your server BEFORE you upgraded,
hopefully this new problem helps narrow the reason down.

Did you upgrade the client and the server or only the server?  If at all
possible the versions should match (and both TortoiseCVS and WinCVS work
OK with 2.5.04).

When you test on the server are you using SSPI?  If this works then the
services are running OK.

On the client try this on the command line:

  cvs -d :sspi:ultraviolet:/myrepo logout
  cvs -d :sspi:ultraviolet:/myrepo rls

If that fails then on the server start the CVSNT server control panel
and on the advanced tab enable 'clients are allowed to tracce server',
then on the client do this:

  cvs -d :sspi:ultraviolet:/myrepo logout
  cvs -ttt -d :sspi:ultraviolet:/myrepo rls

Look at the trace for any reason why the server is failing - don't post
the whole trace to the newsgroup because posts over 8K are rejected
automatically - but you can post excerpts.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett