[cvsnt] CVSNT+WINCVS

Rodrigo Castilho racastilho at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 24 04:18:30 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a CVS server machine, and two CVS clients running WinCVS in my office LAN. All machines run Windows XP, and use workgroup domain (no user authentication by the server).

I am very confused about what software I should install in each machine, and how to configure them.

I understand that in the server machine, I should install "CVSNT Server" (which is different from "CVSNT", right?), and in the clients, I should install "CVSNT" and "WinCVS" (the "WinCVS" installer which is not "bare" include CVSNT). Is this correct? I tried this, and used the CVSNT Server to create a repository in the server, but I cant get the clients machines to import any project into the repository...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Rodrigo.