[cvsnt] CVS Suite 2009 Trial [2009-3761] for Windows 2008, Windows 7 and Windows Vista
arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Apr 15 05:31:22 BST 2010
We have just released an update to the preview of CVS Suite 2009 Trial
Edition for Windows to improve support for Windows 7/Vista and Windows
2008/R2 when installed or running as a non-Administrative user (a person
who is not a member of Administrators or Domain Admins groups). Other
downloads are available for Mac OS X Intel, Red Hat Linux x86 and SuSE
Linux x64. CVS Suite 2009 is based on the 2.8.01 codeline (Soolin).
Included in the trial edition are these components NOT AVAILABLE in the
* CVS Suite High Performance Server Service
* Bugzilla, Mantis and Atlassian Jira Integration
* Multi-Site unison synchronisation
* Visual Studio Integration (SCCI)
* CVS Suite Studio - Graphical CVS Client
* Release Manager
* Install Guide: eBook 'All About CVS'
* Guide: Using CVS Suite with Eclipse
* Guide: Using CVS Suite with SQL Navigator and Oracle
This is a major upgrade to CVS Suite Server and we now have trial
editions available for Red Hat Linux x86, SuSE Linux x64, Mac OS X Intel
and Windows with more platforms coming in the next few weeks - including
Debian Lenny i386.
The trial installation guide for linux/unix is not available yet - but
install is straightforward, eg: on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 x86:
$ tar xzf cvs-suite-trial-2009-3759-rh9-rpm.tar.gz
$ sudo rpm -e cvs
$ sudo rpm --nodeps -i cvsnt-2.8.01.3759-1.i386.rpm
$ sudo /sbin/chkconfig --add cvslockd
$ sudo /sbin/chkconfig --add cvsmanager
$ sudo /etc/init.d/cvslockd start
$ sudo /etc/init.d/cvsmanager start
Note: CVS Suite 2009 is still undergoing regression testing and so a
recommended customer release will not be available for a few more days
(or longer if we find problems).
If you have questions about CVS Suite 2009 Trial Edition for Windows
please contact the sales team (who also do pre-sales technical support):
UK/Europe: sales at march-hare.com
Germany: germany at march-hare.com
Spain: spain at march-hare.com
North America: sales.us at march-hare.com
Asia Pacific: sales.au at march-hare.com
Also see the FAQs:
* How much of the code is Free/Open Source
* Are the commercial releases of CVS Suite the same as the free CVSNT?
* Reports of malware or a virus in CVSNT
* Are March Hare Software going to begin charging for CVSNT?
More information about the cvsnt