[cvsnt] Migrate a CVS server

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 27 04:05:08 GMT 2010

If you want to ask a new, separate question, do not reply to an existing
message - post a new one instead.

En Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:25:40 -0300, bikramdeep2 singh
<bikramdeep2 at gmail.com> escribió:

> Can I export my whole CVS to a new CVS. That is the whole bunch of
> directories. And everything working the same on the new CVS server, with
> all
> of the old history, and new commits.
>
> I checked out at many places, but found that I can capture the latest
> Header
> to tail file, of only one project at a time. Not the whole bunch of all
> Project directories.

If both servers (old and new) are CVSNT, you don't have to migrate
anything, just install the new CVSNT version and copy the old repository
directories (and adjust paths and configuration files).
When going from CVS to CVSNT the whole history is preserved, but
configuration files are different.
In any case you'll have to provide more details: which platform, operating
system, CVS version ...

--
Gabriel Genellina