[cvsnt] Major regression in CVSNT 2.5.05.3649

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Feb 28 22:18:31 GMT 2010

Torsten,

> It seems as if 'cvs checkout -d' no longer works:
>
> In C:\user\rep\module: "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -q -d
> :sspi:cvs-rep-module.gatehouse.local:/cvs/rep
> checkout -r BRANCH -d mog -P module/impl
> CVSROOT=:sspi:cvs-rep-module.gatehouse.local:/cvs/rep
>
> cvs [checkout aborted]: Couldn't chdir to module/: No such
> file or directory
>

> When omitting -d, things work as expected.

I've tested the specific combination of server and client versions that
you used - but still cannot reproduce the error.

Can you re-test?

Is there any chance that someone was adjusting the ACLs at the same time
as you did your test or that you used a different user for the 2.5.05
test as you did for the 2.5.03 test?  The error message you encountered
is possible to reproduce with ANY client and particular ACL's due to
bugs in 2.5.03.2382.

We've used 2.5.05 extensively here with a variety of servers and haven't
found any problems.

BTW - there are some very serious bugs in 2.5.03.2382 - our
recommendations are:
* upgrade to CVS Suite - patches to the 2.5.03 codeline are available
for 'sensitive' installs
* upgrade to CVS Suite 2009 - much better performance, especially on
windows
* upgrade to CVSNT Community 2.5.05 - major bugs fixes

We'll be declaring 2.5.05 stable very very soon (have I said that
before?).  We can't currently do a mac os x build and that is
(obviously) important for MacCVSX support so that is the final stumbling
block.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett