[cvsnt] v2.5.05 Registration during install issue

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat May 29 23:19:52 BST 2010

Hi Curt,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The CVSNT Community Installer requires an outgoing connection to
march-hare.com over HTTPS to validate the SEK.  If your firewall
prevents all outgoing connections then please use the CVS Suite Trial
installer instead (CVS Suite does not require an SEK or an internet
connection to install):
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/en.asp#downcvsnt

Alternatively you can download the C/C++ source of CVSNT and compile the
community edition yourself:
http://march-hare.com/downloads/index.aspx

Note: the community edition has hundreds of known bugs and performance
issues and we recommend all commercial software developers use the CVS
Suite edition instead (95% open source):
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/?pdf=q

Open Source Software is significantly more valuable than closed
proprietary software and the Free Software Foundation recommend that
companies such as ours who invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in
building Free and Open Source Software charge people who use it to
ensure that we can continue to develop it:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

Regards,

Arthur Barrett