[evs] Current status - update

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Oct 31 14:53:26 GMT 2006

Current update:

Running through all the tests found a couple of problems (relatively
minor I think).  testcvs.py script runs OK in local and comes up with an
assertion in remote (that I need to track down, since it's evidence of
something going wrong).  Once these are done I'll get the installer
script up to scratch for the new release.

New xml code is a lot faster and I've added some caching as well so it's
running reasonably fast now.

btw. if anyone's wondering why none of this is committed, it's because
the existing 2.6 server in cvs.cvsnt.org falls over if you commit too
many files at once.. rather than try to fix old code I'm waiting until
this is 100% then copy over & look at a test release at the same time.