[evs] Current Status

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Feb 12 20:19:36 GMT 2007

Gerhard/Tony,

>> Since different schemes can be used for the deltas (it's pluggable) for
>> the large file problem you could write one that stored them somewhere
>> else rather than the database, if it was needed.
>
> FWIW, I regularly delete revisions on some files. These are
> large binaries,

I think the ultimate solution to large binaries is to store them outside of the database as Tony has already proposed.  Since you should reasonably be able to store several months (if not several years) in the database before considering deleting I propose that since Tony is already architecting for this solution that its absence on day 1 is not a showstopper.

Regards,

Arthur