[evs] Current status

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jan 15 12:37:00 GMT 2007

Kelly F. Hickel wrote:

> Well, keeping it in the header would be much better (assuming you can
> assure atomicity, which presumably you can).  But, it would have been a
> much bigger deal and probably wouldn't be acceptable to the cvs
> maintainers.  I did run cvs under Rational Quantify to determine that
> this was the hotspot. I haven't bothered to run the patched version
> because it's "fast enough" (at the moment).

I don't know what criteria Arthur is using for the cvsnt stable branch
at the moment, but for evs as long as a patch doesn't break anything
putting it into a testing release is no big deal - that's at least in
part what the testing release is for.

I suggest submitting the patch to cvsnt to Arthur in the first case
since that's where it'll be most immediately useful.  evs has a number
of other bottlenecks at the moment so it isn't as easy to see the
results of speedups (including a significant pause as it enters a
directory, that I need to track down).