[evs] Current status

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Mar 8 16:23:03 GMT 2007

OK where we are now is the backend and core are almost completely
rewritten.  I'm onto test cases for the codepage translation routines,
and rcs checkout/checkin/tag/log routines,  Once that's done I start the
task of getting all this to work with the evs client code (since
rewriting every command at once would take too long).

Mostly that work is deleting old stuff and laboriously interfacing each
command with the new API.  Once that's done there's the evs repository
browser alpha code to update (not too hard, it's simple at the moment),
then I'll put up a test server for everyone to play with/break/whatever.

Hopefully all the extra time spent writing test cases will have rooted
out the most of problems before they happen and we'll be able to quickly
go to something resembling a release (not feature complete.. lots to do
yet, but enough for people to start using).