[evs] Does EVS remove some of CVS limitations?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:11:08 GMT 2008

"Tony Hoyle" <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:fohee6$r3r$1 at paris.nodomain.org...

> This is something that swig (http://www.swig.org/) may be able to help
> with, although I'm not sure how some of the API (such as the templated
> smart pointers) will translate using that.

Very interesting...  hadn't heard of swig before.  Of course, not very
relevant in my line of work, but definitely an interesting thing to
consider/contemplate for any form of API.  From a quick perusal, it would
seem that simply coding a swig interface to an existing API will provide a
translatory interface between your code and the language of choice with no
additional work.

I would think this would definitely be something of interest to anyone
building a FOSS API as it builds wrappers to the API in just about any
language with no extra work involved.

Thanks,

Eric