[evs] Problem creating db after installing EVS

Colin Fraser cfraser at levelfour.com
Thu Oct 30 09:40:24 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to set up EVS (I installed evs-server-win32-3.1.01.3187.msi) but
I am getting the following error message when I click the Create Database
button:

"Repository initialisation failed : Database error: Unable to create
database: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
denied. / Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Invalid connection
string attribute at .VirtualFs.cpp:477 : no error"

I am running SQL Server 2005 (standard) on a different server from the one
that has EVS installed - is this a supported configuration?

It is likely to be something to do with the DB configuration as this was a
clean SQL install that hasn't been used before, however I've installed the
SQL Server management console on the EVS server and it can access the server
using the user/pw I've specified.

Do I need to configure anything special to get EVS to use the correct db
driver or connection string?

Is there any additional tracing or log file that I can look at to try and
diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Colin Fraser