[evs] Eclipse and sspi

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:00:43 GMT 2009

Mark Johnson posted back in Mon Apr 10 19:15:54 BST 2006 which I found helpful.

I thought I would post my notes in the hopes it helps someone else in
the future:

CVS with SSPI

You need a version of CVSNT installed. If you have installed
TortoiseCVS then you have a copy already.

Edit "extnt.ini" in "C:\Program Files\CVSNT" and add the following section:

[my-cvs]
protocol=sspi
hostname=my-cvs.example.com
directory=/cvs/repository

where
    * [my-cvs] = any identifier you want. Here the simple hostname of
the CVS repository is used.
    * hostname = the same host as your CVS connection string
    * directory = the same as the CVS Repository location in your CVS
connection string.

Add an environment variable CVS_RSH=C:\Program Files\CVSNT\extnt.exe