[evs] EVS release planning update

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jul 31 03:31:53 BST 2009

Colin,

> ps is there any date planned on another EVS release?

Well back on May 25th I wrote that "it will be a couple of weeks (but
hopefully not longer) before that [the latest updates] makes it to a public
release" and that "I'll try to get an 'as is' release of the current EVS
trunk built tomorrow".

Obviously neither of those have happened.

Sproutcore (which we want to use for the web GUI) has just released their
beta 1.0 (which means the API is now stable) so hopefully that will get us
moving again.

I did just build both an update for 3.1.01 and also the 3.1.02 that you've
been waiting on, but before I could release anything I got distracted with
some other critical issues.

We'll try and produce a realistic release schedule for EVS and also some
updates before end of August, or mid September at the latest.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett