[cvsnt-dev] Re: 2057 and 2060 do not compile

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 16 00:07:09 BST 2005

Andreas Tscharner wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
> Build 2057 and 2060 do not compile here on my Debian unstable. I get the
> following error:

For debian you need to install howl from source, or repackage it (the
debian package has longstanding unfixed bugs).

I've attached the diff to the 0.9.8 package source.. it should be
relatively trivial to make a 1.0.0 build.

> server.o: In function `mdns_thread_proc':
> /home/andy/Programming/Projects/cvsnt/lockservice/server.cpp:80:
> undefined reference to `mdns_publish(int)'
>
> Zeroconf is not enabled. I've had a look at this point in the source
> code, but didn't find anything that. It looks like to preprocessor got a
> hickup there ;-)

Any prebuilt packages should support as many options as possible.. the
whole thing's modular anyway.  OTOH it should be possible to compile
without it..