[cvsnt-dev] Problems building CVSNT_BRANCH_2_5_03_2382

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 8 21:27:18 GMT 2008

Eric,

IF you want to do us a big favour - build 2_0_x branch instead and then use
winmerge to merge in the 'message to bugs' stuff from the 2503 branch - it's
all in commit.cpp and i think you've got the hang of the code.  Then if you
can build 2.5.04 (the 2_0_x branch) with the 'message to bugs' stuff in it
then Tony or I can give your commit access to cvs.cvsnt.org and you can
commit it as a change and then the next 2.5.04 build will have that code in
it.  Tony and i are struggling for time these days so every bit of work like
this that someone else volunteers for is a real help to the entire
community.

> What is cygwin required for?  Is that only if I want to build for *nix?
> Or is that required even for a Win build?

Tony and I use bash scripts to automate it all.  You 'may' be able to do a
simple debug build without it...

> Hmmm - interesting.  Where do I look for build.h in that case?  In VS2003,
> I did a clean & rebuild soln, and ended up with that error.

There is a program (genbuild or something) that creates it - it's the first
file in the build

> confused how that happens - does that mean the the OSS 2382 built was
> built from the same branch but at an earlier time?  In which case,
> wouldn't the build number be different for the commercial

Yes - there are tags for each build and the 2503 branch has all the 2503
builds since 2382 on it.

Regards,

Arthur