[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Martijn Laan mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl
Wed Dec 18 23:04:51 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:39:25 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:29:22 +0100, "Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net>
>wrote:
>

>>Hmm, I'm just getting "Couldn't read/interpret private key file" either way.
>
>Odd...
>
>The keyfile you get should look a bit like:
>
>-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
>MIICWgIBAAKBgQDQux/hTayiWOcqdBr1yxb+u50QkE1A9UiePG6QEjCxRoFo0mTI
>llPbd3VdCYjcmu9nrj1I9hQvkrNgnCFFxNNvvcrBNkSDd6tT61Waqk8NvtFuQO4o

I have the same error as Oliver. The public key file looks like the
above (except PUBLIC instead of PRIVATE). But the private key looks
totally different no matter what option I choose in puttygen. It
starts like this:

PuTTY-User-Key-File-2: ssh-rsa
Encryption: none
Comment: rsa-key-20020108
Public-Lines: 4
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIEAhvimnaAyWt9ZdjgXvy8xuSfHOhomC2tSCeS6
ME6AbjAfDcyE+htDV17d5Sni4iXP0+lyDhigGcogujXid0AtkOXfjJfocuDJHhu0
n04z5fz7YueFBKjsosN4nhdpbmbCXfUtQXAfDrsfq/Dm1ee22cXg0YBHl6xlgpkU
rungwTE=
Private-Lines: 8

and is followed by my private key and a 'Private-MAC' line.

I tried manually creating a private key file looking like my public
key file and like what you said. But that didn't work either.

Greetings,
Martijn Laan