[cvsnt] CVSNT and ISA Server

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Dec 29 21:05:35 GMT 2003

Kirby Turner wrote:
> Since I am able to access the CVS repository using the internal IP
> address I am assuming the problem has something to do with the ISA
> Server setup.  However I am not responsible for the setup of ISA
> Server.  Ports 2401 and 2402 are open but I am assuming ISA Server is
> only allowing inbound traffic on those ports.

Firstly, close 2402 as that's just for cvs server -> lock server
communications - the clients don't need it,

> What ISA Server configurations should I ask for from my administrator to
> allow access to the CVS repository using the public IP address?

Just 2401 inbound should be enough (I assume ISA server is stateful and
will handle replies automatically).  It sounds like it's making the
connection but it's being terminated early (the initial connection is a
single packet - if the replies didn't get out then you'd get exactly the
symptoms you describe)... I'd check the logs of the ISA server to see if
it's recording any error when the connection drops.