[cvsnt] performence problem

Stéphane Nicoll Stephane.Nicoll at bsb.com
Tue Feb 22 10:36:29 GMT 2005

From: "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowther at melandra.com>

> Assuming you've turned off realtime anti-virus scanning on the CVS repository (you have, haven't you? :-) )

Yup. Was still slow but they didn't got any timeout exception in Eclipse anymore. Sounds it's a factor.

> Do you know what mix of operations you've got, and whether it's mostly reads or mostly writes?

I think it's mostly reads. The team is updating the repository (a lot of people) and we do have roughly 100 check-ins per day.

> Silly question... what's your RAID controller, does it have battery/capacitor backup on writes

SCSCI (RAID 5), we ordered memory for Write Back today.

Regards,
Stéphane