[cvsnt] migration from cvs to cvsnt, binary delta, ku option

Christian Kasper c.kasper at chello.at
Thu Jan 13 10:26:22 GMT 2005

hallo,

i want to migrate from cvs 1.11.13 to the recent cvsnt version. i am
working under sunos 5.9 and i have ca. 30 repositories.
in your installation guide you wrote

	---There is no change in the repository structure and it should
be problem free to move a complete repository to
a new CVSNT server.---

but in a email from Thu Apr  1 20:55:03 2004 daniel wrote

     ---CVSNT newer versions store mergepoints and binary
    deltas, so the repository format is not the same.---

*confused*

one major reason for the change to cvsnt is the binary delta.  you wrote
in the comparison CVSNT vs. CVS

     ---Efficient storage of binary files using binary deltas---

and in a email from Wed Dec 22 00:00:04 2004 you wrote

    ---Binary deltas help a little, although they're far from perfect (I

       suspect the algorithm needs some tweaking anyway, as the
resultant file
       size has crept up over time as I've fixed stuff)---

*???* is the binary delta stable and efficient ?

i am working in a utf-8 environment, so i have to add all text and
program files with the option –ku ???

thank you for your help

christian