[cvsnt] Re: Problem checking out sub-module into module's tree

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Tue May 2 13:42:41 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I found the old post now so you can dig it up and see Tony's reply.
> It's subject was: "Re: Broken behaviour with cvs export in recent
> builds..."

I found it too.  His original post indicates it's not a trivial fix:

It's a lot more complex than that - the method used in 2.0.41 if I'm
remembering correctly was an artefact of a wide open security hole...
that was fixed a very long time ago.  It really needs protocol changes
to handle it, and that's nontrivial enough that it's not even something
I'd consider in the 2.4 timescale.
<<<<

--
Glen Starrett