[cvsnt] upgrade from cvs to cvsnt

Zlatko Arifhodzic zlatko at free.fr
Tue May 23 14:00:18 BST 2006

We did several performance tests on cvsnt on both Linux and Win32 before
finaly switching to cvsnt 2.6.

The results showed that running the cvsnt server on Linux incredibly
increases the performances (checkout is almost 2 times faster, ls does
not last for ages, and so on ... ) !

Of course it might also be related to the hardware, as both servers did
not have the exactly same disks, however they had the same motherboard,
and the disks were at least "similar".

Now if your superior wants some windows server, I'm sure he'll assume
the choice :)

However I was wondering if anyone else on the list performed a
linux/win32 benchmark with the same version of cvsnt, and what were the
results ?

Best Regards,

Zlatko