[cvsnt] cvs info -b question

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon May 29 19:58:43 BST 2006

Bo,

> Why is w2003cvs not listed?

The Zeroconf / Bonjour stuff is advertised on port 5353 and is generally
only available for your subnet.  So if anything is on the other side of
a VPN or on a different subnet then you don't see it.

Tony has briefly talked about a separate option being available for
cross-subnet (or even internet) publishing - that's kinda what the whole
"global" options are in WV and WM - Tony did publish what the CVSROOT's
were for these, or you can click the properties in WV / WM.  However I
don't think that we've really focused on cross subnet publishing yet.

When I go to a customer site I personally do NOT like going into the
microsoft browse network to find 3000 servers - showing the ones in my
subnet I find much more useful...

As for your VPC client - when I run VPC on my Mac all the "clients" are
considered to be on a different subnet to mny actual Mac.  Do the two
servers that appear on your "info browse" real comnputers or VPC's?

Regards,

Arthur