[cvsnt] cvs.exe add: Server codepage ANSI_X3.4-1968 does notsupport all characters sent by client

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 10 10:59:18 BST 2008

Albert,

> Client Side (Tortoise Windows)

Tortosie is a gui front end to CVSNT - for the purposes of diagnosing
this please just use the command line.

>    - cvs.exe add: Server codepage ANSI_X3.4-1968 does not support all
>    characters sent by client.
>    cvs.exe add: Characters from server lost in translation
>    cvsnt server: nothing known about Tst.txt

You should use UTF8 on the server, there should be a setting for it in
/etc/cvsnt/PServer

> About the configuration:
> cvs -v
> "Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2383
> (client/server)

Is this on the server or client?  We need the versions of both.

> locale -a
> es_ES
> es_ES at euro
> es_ES.iso88591
> es_ES.iso8859152euro
> POSIX
> spanish

What OS are you running?  You should install the UTF8 codepage as well
to assist in translation.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett