[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: Can the user have no write access to the repository

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Wed Sep 2 13:12:28 BST 2009

On the server:

When you installed CVSNT server you get a CVSNT control panel, on the
second tab page (although that may differ for your version of CVSNT),
there is something like Repository Configuration.
There you choose the ADD button, all should be clear when you choose that
button. However it sounds like you don't really know how to use CVSNT, you
really should read the manual, you're going to waste a lot of time if you
don't!

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

"Patel, Piyush" <ppatel at Aegonusa.com>
Verzonden door: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org
02/09/2009 14:01

Aan
"cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook" <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
Cc
"Patel, Piyush" <ppatel at Aegonusa.com>
Onderwerp
Re: [cvsnt] Can the user have no write access to the repository

Hello Peter,

I was wondering if you could elaborate on your suggestion below:

CVS is a client-server protocol and should be used as such.  So, as a very
fast guide:

1) DO NOT share B:\Repository using a Windows share.

2) Make sure you set up an alias for the repository when you set up the
CVSNT server on the XP box.  You did install the CVSNT server on that box,
right?

3) Allow write access for the users to the files in the repo.

4) Use a CVSROOT of the form :sspi:NAME_OF_XP_BOX:/RepoAlias to access the
repository.

- Peter

I am not sure how to setup an alias for the repository can you either give
me instructions or point me to a link with the instructions.  I have been
searching the web and have not found any instructions on how to do this.
Thanks.

Piyush