[evs] Current Status

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 07:42:15 GMT 2007

On 2/13/07, Andreas Tscharner <andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch> wrote:
> Tony Hoyle wrote:
> > In the past mysql didn't do so out of the box, but support for that is a
> > bit tentative anyway (due to licensing issues - we're stuck to 3.23
> > pretty much forever until that stops working).
>
> I thought they addressed their licensing issues with MySQL5 ?! (It looks
> like it's GPL (only had a short look, of course))
>
> Best regards
>         Andreas
> --
> Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch

Indeed, it seems they've cleared that
gpl-but-only-if-you-are-free-as-in-beer wording in their new licenses
and are now fully gpl:
http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/
http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/opensource-license.html

But there's a warning on the site that some versions are still under
the old license:
http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/mypl.html

Cheers,
Flávio