[evs] How to convert cvsnt repository to evs repository

Petr Prikryl PrikrylP at skil.cz
Thu May 3 11:07:41 BST 2007

Hi,

I am very new to evs. However, I do use cvsnt for
some time. Having the cvs repository with our
project (related to cvsnt 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382),
I would like to transfer it from one machine to
the new machine with evs 2.6.02.2581. The old machine
uses Windows XP, the new machine uses Windows Vista OS.

How can I do it? (I tried to find some information
about migration, but I was not successful. Sorry
if I am blind to find the obvious.)

The cvsnt is used only on the local computer but
running CVSNT Dispatch and Locking services and
repository accesed via cvs client using
:sspi:localhost:/cvsrootXXX. The evs on the new
machine is expected to be used the same way
or similarly.

So I did zip the original repository, and unzipped
it on the new machine. However, when I add the
repository through EVS Control Panel, it does not
complain, but it also does not create the
/cvsrootXXX/repository.db which is probably
required (my guess) by evs. When I create the
repository first and then unzip the content,
the repository.db exists but it does not contain
the information about the project (which is not
surprising). Is there any evs command for building
repository.db for the existing (older) repository
structure?

Thanks for your time and experience,
  Petr