[cvsnt-dev] Re: Extending cvs info

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jun 11 14:10:20 BST 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:48:26 +0200, Oliver Giesen <ogware at gmx.net>
wrote:

>This is still only a very rough idea but I think it could be worthwhile.
>What do you think?

Interesting idea, although info at present only returns data about the
client, not the server (it doesn't even attempt to make a server
connection) - if it always connected to the server it'd require you to
know how to connect to the server beforehand which kind of defeats the
point..

cvs info [-c|-s] <item>

-c is client side - what we have now possibly with some other
information.. default for compatibility.

-s is server side, which returns the list of supported protocols on
the server rather than the client.

Listing cvswrappers, cvsignore, cvsrc should be possible.

You don't need to list modules2 as the modules come out using 'cvs ls'
as available directories.