[cvsnt-dev] Re: Feature Request: warnings on edit

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jun 26 00:37:45 BST 2004

Christian Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
> cvsnt edit connects to the server to "lock" the edited files. When connected
> to the server, could cvsnt give a warning if the files to edit...
>
> 1) are not up-to-date? At the moment this is only done for binary-files.

That's possibly a tortoise feature (I think.. not aware of any special
handling for binary files).  You can do a 'status -q' then check the output.

> 2) have a sticky (non-branch) tag? At the moment TortoiseCVS can not
> differentiate between sticky and branch tags. Commiting to a branch tag is
> valid, but not to sticky tags.

Very little in CVS makes any distinction between the two - there's basically
just the check
in commit.  You can work it out by looking for .0. in the tag output (from the
log output on the file).

Since an edit is on a file, the tags aren't taken into account at all during
an edit (although technically an edit is of a single revision also... the
terminology is a little confused in places).

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917