[cvsnt-dev] Re: Bug ID support - maybe too limiting?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Sep 9 14:23:38 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Bug IDs are required for integration with bug tracking systems and
> are integrated with the edit system so you are marking the fact that
> you are actively editing a bug.

Ok, that would indeed be beyond the scope of Properties as I imagined
them...

> "properties" are more like tags (in fact except for the fact that
> they don't necessarily hold revision numbers, they are tags!) and are
> a completely separate concept.

Maybe I chose the wrong example to illustrate my point then. I haven't
used SVN Properties myself yet. It was more my idea of what they
probably were than anything else. So, let me try to explain the idea in
my own words then:

I thought it would be nice to be able to associate with files and/or
revisions an indefinite number of Name=Value pairs which I could later
explicitly query for or even use as log filters.

Maybe rather something to look at when you return to the SQL-backend I
guess...

--
Oliver
------