[cvsnt-dev] Re: Bug ID support - maybe too limiting?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Sep 9 17:57:38 BST 2004

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> I thought it would be nice to be able to associate with files and/or
> revisions an indefinite number of Name=Value pairs which I could later
> explicitly query for or even use as log filters.
>
> Maybe rather something to look at when you return to the SQL-backend I
> guess...

That kind of stuff is possible but really needs developer time, which
there isn't a lot of at the moment.  The SQL backend will probably be
completely freeform in this respect (eg. versioned and nonversioned
properties, plus property properties, so tags for example are a property
that itself has a properties like date and comment).