[cvsnt-dev] CVSROOT in loginfo execution?

Jens Miltner jum at mac.com
Tue Dec 20 20:17:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

In our server, we are using CVSROOT aliases in the PServer
configuration, e.g.

Repository0=/Volumes/Gandalf/Data/cvsroot/Foobar
Repository0Name=/cvsroot/Foobar

I just discovered that $CVSROOT in the loginfo execution is set to
the alias whereas in a shell executed from loginfo, it seems to be
set to the real path: we have loginfo entries of the form

^foo /bin/sh $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/append_log.sh /cvs_logs/foo.log "$USER"
%{sv}

This fails, since inside the loginfo, $CVSROOT expands to /cvsroot/
Foobar, which is a non-existing path.

However, if I try to inspect the environment by doing this:

^foo /bin/sh -c 'set'

I see in the cvs output the CVSROOT variable in the shell set up to
the correct 'real' path "Volumes/Gandalf/Data/cvsroot/Foobar".

Is this the expected behaviour? I'd expect CVSROOT to be also set to
the real path when the loginfo is evaluated, so that I can access
files inside this CVSROOT?

(This is using cvsnt 2.5.03.2151).

</jum>