[cvsnt-dev] Re: CVSROOT in loginfo execution?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 21 00:24:34 UTC 2005

Jens Miltner wrote:
> Is this the expected behaviour? I'd expect CVSROOT to be also set to the
> real path when the loginfo is evaluated, so that I can access files
> inside this CVSROOT?

Yes.  CVSROOT for display purposes - the server already knows what its
physical location is so it's not really necessary to store it there.

If you really need it there's $REAL_CVSROOT, but be careful not to allow
the user to see this at any point otherwise it'll both confuse them and
give away information about the server.

The environment setting is just old code.. it should probably be the
repository name too but there's precedent for it to be incorrect ($USER
in the environment is wrong if you're using an aliased user or have set
RunAsUser) so I'm not too worried.