[cvsnt-dev] Re: 2.5.02.2040 compilation fails under Linux

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Jul 26 20:59:42 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

>> Also, this is weird since I've specified ./configure -server so odbc
>> shouldn't be needed by the client-side anyway, or should it?
>>
> It's still used by the client in local mode if you enable audit.

Em. Is there a ./configure option to enable/disable audit? I couldn't see
one.

> I just used the downloaded package (currently 2.2.something).  The
> debian build has been broken for a while - it's dependent on half of
> gnome for some unfathomable reason and I refuse to install it on my
> build system because of that.

I'm on Gentoo myself... its package management is a lot more friendly than
other distros (its source base, and its easier to modify/hack packages so
they can work with each other).

For cvsnt, it looks like everything works when unixODBC 2.2.8 or better is
installed (if you could test for that requirement as part of cvsnt's
configure that might help others avoid trying to compile with a too-old
unixODBC install).

Cheers,

David.

p.s. Hey.. we're now on Servalan! Right, spill the beans, when are the
good-guys going to be used... Travis and Servalan were both baddies!

--
David Somers
VoIP: FWD 622885